Delivering customer-centric claims management services

We are an appointed provider of claims management for icare workers insurance.

Our role is to efficiently manage claims to help your workers get back to work as soon as possible. Your employees will receive the support they need to recover from injury or illness and get their lives back. Working with icare, we have a shared focus and responsibility for delivering customer-centric services and outcomes for workers and employers.


Report an injury or make a claim

Report an injury or make a claim via icare's online portal  

Phone: 13 77 22 (Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm, closed public holidays)

Email: Download the Worker Injury Claim form (PDF) and email to

Post: Locked Bag 2099, North Ryde BC, NSW 1670


When a workplace injury happens, there are some important things you need to do straight away:

  • administer first aid and make sure the injured person gets the right care
  • notify us of any injury or illness within 48 hours (via above contact points)
  • you must record the injury in your register of injuries
  • provide appropriate support to the injured person to ensure recovery
  • if it is a significant incident (Notifiable Incident) you may also need to notify SafeWork NSW.


Notifying us of an injury

A worker should notify you as soon as possible after an injury. Following that, a description of the injury should be entered in your register of injuries.

If you do not report the injury within five calendar days of becoming aware of the injury, you may pay a ‘claims excess payment’ which is equivalent to one week of the worker’s weekly payments.

Once reported, we will provide you with a claim number (sometimes referred to as a reference number) which you should write down as you may need to track the notification in the future.

When reporting an injury you will be asked to provide the following information:

  • the worker’s name, address, contact telephone number and date of birth
  • name and address of your company
  • name of the treating doctor and contact telephone number or name of the hospital
  • date and time of the injury and description of the injury and details of how it happened
  • name and contact details of the person making the notification and their relationship to the worker or employer


The following information, if available, should also be provided at the time of notification:

  • details of any time off work
  • date of the consultation with the doctor and a diagnosis
  • a copy of the NSW workers compensation certificate of capacity
  • your worker’s capacity to recover at work and expected return to work date
  • your ability to support your worker to recover at work in suitable employment
  • your worker’s pre-injury average weekly earnings (PIAWE)


Notifiable Incident

If a notifiable incident occurs, you must notify SafeWork NSW immediately on 13 10 50. Significant penalties apply if you fail to notify an incident.

A ‘notifiable incident’ relates to:

  • a fatality
  • a serious injury or illness
  • a dangerous incident


Claims before 1 January 2018

If you have an existing claim with another claims manager (Allianz, QBE, CGU or GIO), you will need to contact them directly for updates to claims lodged before 1 January 2018. Existing EML claims will be managed by your case manager.


Take out a policy

From 1 December 2017 all workers insurance policy and billing services will be managed by icare.  For further information visit icare or call 13 44 22.


Certificate of Currency

From 1 December 2017 all workers insurance policy and billing services in NSW are managed by icare.  To request a Certificate of Currency or for further information visit icare or call 13 44 22.


Useful forms

Forms and resources for employers are available from the icare website:

icare forms and resources for employers



Find out the answer to FAQs like whether a change in workers insurance policy ownership affects your claim.

Find out more



What to do if you have a dispute or complaint.

Find out more