More than a Cop Career Transition After Injury Virtual Seminar
If you are a post 88 police officer with a compensable injury, this seminar helps to give you and your families a better understanding about the support available and what to expect through the medical retirement process and beyond.
The virtual seminar can be joined from anywhere, anytime. Register or find out more at policetransition.vfairs.comRegister for the virtual seminar now
The key presentations include:
- Welcome message from Commissioner Michael Fuller APM.
- A panel discussion on the medical retirement process.
- The shared experience from former Detective Craig Semple and his recommended tools to prepare you mentally for transition.
- An interview with our family support coordinator and the partner of a former officer sharing the importance of family and support services.
- Career Coach Jane Jackson, author of best-selling book, Navigating Career Crossroads, provides you with the tools to unlock your potential for growth, new possibilities, and suggestions on the best way to use her book, to support your career transition.
- A session to gain a better understanding of your financial benefits and entitlements under the workers compensation and income protection schemes.
For more information please email the Police Transition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Career Transition Infoline 1800 014 140
“This seminar is invaluable, it helps gives officers more clarity on so many things!“
“Very informative and gave great insight into resources available for career change.”
More than a Cop online program
This short course provides evidence-informed education, suggestions, and a way for you to start planning your career transition.
The New South Wales Police Force and EML have worked together with Phoenix Australia – Centre for Posttraumatic Mental Health to develop this online education package.
You will learn about:
- Preparing for career transition
- Facing the inevitability of change
- Breaking with the old life
- Building a new life
Access is free via EMLearning, but requires a login. Please use this form or speak with your NSW Police Injury Management Advisor to request your personal registration. Please allow two business days for your registration to be completed.
If you are already registered, login to EMLearning and get started!
“As a medically retired police officer, having served 31 years in NSW Police Force I have always maintained that the NSW Police Force raised me from a country kid of 19 years of age to the middle aged man I am now. I will always be grateful for this career but in the same breath I know that it has affected me both physically and mentally. This course is extremely important for those leaving the Police Force either voluntarily or by no choice of their own. The entire course has resonated with me profoundly”
Mell: My decision
From the age of five years Mell was drawn to action – her favourite character on TV was a female police officer.
Dave: Moving forward
Dave was a NSW Police Force Officer for 12 years before he sustained an injury that lead to his medical retirement.
Former officers have many skills and characteristics that are highly valued by employers and recruiters.