Police Career Transition Support Services
There are numerous options available to support you regardless of what stage in your rehabilitation you are at. Transitioning officers generally require support in line with one of the following pathways:
Getting and staying well is about being in good health, connecting with family, being actively engaged in treatment and working towards having a healthy and fulfilling life.
We have worked hard to identify quality support services that are fit for purpose regardless of which pathway you feel you are on.
Please take the time to review the information provided below and speak to your EML Case Manager for more information.
Career Management Services
Career Management Services (CMS) are one of Australia’s leading career transition specialists for police and emergency services members. This team of highly experienced professionals possess extensive industry knowledge and expertise to support you in making a change to a rewarding, alternative career outside of law enforcement. CMS recognise your unique skills and competencies, and offer a wide range of services, specifically designed to support transitioning to opportunities outside of law enforcement and to suit your individual needs.
CMS will make the process easy – from helping you to identify a future satisfying career pathway where you can utilise your strengths, to supporting you with effective job search strategies and the practical support you need to ensure you land your next dream job. With results three times the industry average, their team of dedicated consultants and coaches, will help you with the next steps in your career to give you the employability edge and confidence to achieve your goals.
Career transition and development services
- Career Coaching – career exploration, guidance, counselling and planning
- Professionally written resumes, cover letters and LinkedIn profiles
- Job application support - addressing key selection criteria and written capability statements
- Interview coaching and preparation
- Job search strategies and job seeking support
- Psych testing preparation
College For Law, Education And Training (CLET) - RTO #31254
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- Outlines qualifications mapped to the ranks within Police to assists with transferable skills
- Qualifications can be provided prior to last date of service
- Provides confidence & clear vocational options
Mental wellbeing program
- Experienced, mental health exercise physiologists
- Flexible, convenient and comfortable environment – home, outdoor, park, gymnasium, or pool
- Unlock the natural medicine cabinet of the brain
- Focus on the holistic physical and mental wellbeing interlink
- Build confidence to achieve your meaningful health and life goals
- Integrate elements of diet, sleep, mindfulness – based off your preferences
- Collaborates with other members of your support team
- Digital telehealth services are also available
Guardian Exercise Rehabilitation
Guardian Exercise Rehabilitation are a team of vibrant professionals with the utmost standard of care delivered to all clientele, and an unwavering level of exceptional service provided to all customers and stakeholders.
Guardian Exercise Rehabilitation provides prescription of therapeutic exercise and is a very keen believer-in community-based exercise-rehabilitation to ensure independence and convenience in completion during programming, and autonomy into the long-term - ultimately ensuring durability with outcomes and self-efficacy for clients.
Guardian Exercise Rehabilitation abides by the five principles outlined in the Clinical Framework for the Delivery of Health Services:
- Measure and demonstrate the effectiveness of treatment
- Adopt a biopsychosocial approach
- Empower the injured person to manage their injury
- Implement goals focused on optimising function, participation and return to work
- Base treatment on best available research evidence
- Supporting children whose parents are suffering with mental illness
- Education on parent’s injury
- Provides children with a support network
Activity based prescription program
- Designed to help people suffering from chronic & mental health injuries
- Encourage to become participants in their lives
- Evidence based strategies
- Biopsychosocial model
Pinnacle Rehab – Health at Home
Health at Home
Health at Home is a program designed to offer support following an inpatient stay in hospital. The aim of the program is to make sure that when discharged from hospital, the right support is provided to ensure everything needed is available to allow you to return to health, return to life and engage back in your community.
- Our experienced Health at Home consultants engage with you, and your treatment team, to understand all the goals of discharge
- Support provided to you and your support network, in ensuring the goals are achievable and understanding the individual needs
- Collaborative support through treatment team, engaging you and your chosen support network
- Development of a Discharge Action Plan to ensure a clear pathway for your return home and back to health
- Weekly support to encourage returning to health at home, and encouraging development of personal routine and engagement in the community.
Prestige Health Services Australia (PHSA)
Active wellbeing program
- Assigned a Wellbeing Specialist
- Taking first steps to return to health at home and in the community
- Develop a wellness action plan tailored to needs and wants
- Working with their treaters
Engage Transitional Services is a voluntary support program designed for NSW Police Officers who are transitioning or who have transitioned from the force.
This service recognises that periods of transition are challenging and is designed to complement existing treatment plans and assist members to identify and work towards important and meaningful life goals.
A dedicated Procare allied health consultant will collaborate with each member to develop holistic goals aligned with their values, interests and will support the member to achieve these goals.
Procare injury management - transitional brochure
Find information about the Engage Transitional Support Program, designed for NSW Police Officers who are transitioning out of the police force.