G8 Education Limited (ASX:GEM) is a leading provider of quality care and education services across Australia through a range of well-respected and recognised brands. Following the bushfire crisis in Victoria, and with the responsibility of both their employees and the many children in their care in mind, G8 Education (G8) wanted to ensure they could rapidly respond in the event of a crisis and proactively take action to reduce the risk of physical and psychological injury.
With the help of a grant from EML’s Mutual Benefits Program, G8 embarked on a series of initiatives designed to improve organisational responsiveness to crisis situations and improve the overall resilience of their business.
COVID-19 Response Project
G8 engage the services of The GNC Group to support them to develop, document and implement their response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Importantly, this project included investigating how best to improve existing processes and identify proactive activities to help the business safeguard the wellbeing of their people and improve the speed with which they could effectively respond in a crisis.
Key improvements achieved as a result of this work included:
- faster response times by improving collaboration, planning and communication
- reduced impacts of medical pandemic through improved processes, hygiene controls and training
- reduced risk of psychological injury as a result of improved communication with 11,000 employees and nearly 70,000 families
- improved business continuity planning.
'...employee feedback has been enormously positive.' Natalie Boehm, Head of Health and Safety, G8 Education
G8 key learnings
With permission from G8, please find below a one page downloadable case study, outlining the measures taken by G8, the results of the project and what they plan to do next.
We're here to help
We are committed to helping employers to create safer workplaces and to support injured workers return to work sooner.
As a customer of EML, your business can access our Mutual Benefits including:
- annual Employer Training Program delivered via webinar and/or face-to-face sessions
- free online training platform and courses - EMlearning
- access to exclusive deals through our suppliers - EML Offers
- free safety management system, tools and templates - EMsafe
- range of employer resources including videos, articles, tools, guides and case studies.
For more information please reach out to your Account Manager or contact Mutual Benefits today.